• 1 cup almond flour
• 1 cup arrowroot flour
• ½ cup coconut flour
• 1 tsp sea salt
• 2 tsp active dry yeast
• 2 tbsp organic psyllium husk powder
• 1¼ cup filtered water
• 2 tsp maple syrup, coconut sugar, or honey
• 1 egg
• 1 egg yolk + tsp water for egg wash (optional)
– In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, arrowroot flour, coconut flour and sea salt.
– Heat water to 105–110°F. Add maple syrup and stir. Add the yeast and let stand 10 minutes. The yeast should bubble or foam. If it doesn’t, start over.
– Stir the psyllium powder into the yeast mixture. Let stand 1 minute to thicken, then add the egg and whisk.
– Pour the thickened yeast mixture into the dry ingredients and mix with a wooden spoon until thick and fully combined. The dough will be slightly sticky, but workable. Knead for 1 minute.
– Put kneaded dough back in the bowl, cover with a damp kitchen towel and place in a warm spot to rise for one hour.
– Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place a pizza stone in the oven to preheat.
– Divide dough into two balls. Place dough balls on a square of parchment paper or a pizza peel. Dip your hands in water and shape into nice rounded shapes. Brush with egg wash, if desired. Use a serrated knife to cut a tic-tac-toe pattern on the top.
– Slide the prepared boules onto the preheated stone. Bake 35-40 minutes. PLEASE NOTE – baking time can vary – the measure of doneness is an internal temperature of 205-210 F.
– Let cool completely on a wire rack. (Not allowing the loaf to fully cool before cutting may result in a gummy interior.) When completely cool, slice and serve or store in an airtight container. To re-crisp crust, toast or reheat in a 375 F degree oven for 5-10 minutes.