Without milk, butter, cream, jellies, sugars, chocolate, wheat flour and so many other processed ingredients how can it be possible to still have the occasional tasty treat? All you need to do is understand what is allowed by a Paleo diet and then use your sense and imagination to create your own delicious desserts. Below are some suggestions for ingredients and preparations. Simply add or subtract from this list to create your own delectable treats!
Eggs are a major staple item for any kitchen that is also allowed by the paleo diet. You can make many desserts with whipped egg whites or blended whole eggs. Mix up an egg with honey, nuts and chopped fruits to create wonderful desserts. You can use any kind of fruit and the preparation takes almost no time at all! Keep it raw and use a blender to create healthy and delicious protein shakes.
Getting rid of chocolate can be tough. Most chocolate is filled with sugar, dairy and is highly processed. If you can’t resist the temptation you should look for organic dark chocolate to satisfy your cravings. Eat in moderation.
Create your own homemade nutrition bars. These are easy to make and will store well. Chop nuts and dry fruits into small pieces and add them to warm honey or blended up dates and mix them together well. Once the mixture cools, refrigerate it in individual wrappings or containers to hold its shape. When these nutrition bars cool off they will solidify into delicious crunchy bars that you or your kids can enjoy.
You can create some more traditional desserts by replacing milk and flour with more paleo friendly substitutes. For milk you can use coconut milk and for flour you can use almond flour. With these two items and eggs you can re-create almost any traditional dessert to be compliant with the paleo diet.
By using various fruits, nuts, veggies, honey, eggs, almond flour and coconut milk, you can certainly make some amazing dessert recipes. Experiment with a variety of options and you are bound to find some healthy paleo alternatives to satisfy your sweet tooth.
1. Soak the almonds for 24 to 48 hours, making sure that you change the water every 12 hours. Totally remove the final soaking water after 48 hours.
2. Chop the almonds in a food processor, while adding the dates one at a time. If you want your cookies to be sweeter, just add more dates.
3. Add apple cider or apple juice little by little. Do not put in too much that your batter does not hold together. The resulting batter should be sticky.
4. Add all the other ingredients into the batter.
5. Turn the cookies onto wax paper or plastic saran wrap. Let it dry in your oven for 4 to 6 hours at 95 degrees.
6. Flip the cookies over and again dry at 95 degrees for another 4 to 6 hours.
7. Store the cookies in glass or Rubbermaid containers to maintain their moistness.
8. Enjoy 🙂
Paleo Banana Coconut Flour Muffins
1. While preparing your ingredients, already preheat your oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In one bowl, mix together your coconut flour and baking powder.
3. In another bowl, gradually beat the eggs, adding in the coconut milk, honey, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt. Keep on mixing.
4. To this mixture, add your coconut flour and baking powder mix, and the mashed bananas. Blend them very well in a blender or food processor.
5. Grease with coconut oil 12 muffin caps and fill them with the batter.
6. Bake the muffins at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
Paleo Paradise Peach Cake
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup chopped dried pineapple
3/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple
1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice (I don’t use)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I don’t use)
2/3 cup pitted soft dates, such as Med-Jool
1 1/2 cup fresh berries for garnish (I used blue)
1 (9″) Almond-Pecan Pie Crust (see above)
In a small bowl, cover pecans with water and soak for 8 to 12 hours. Drain
and rinse. Set aside. Peel and halve peaches, reserving skin. Remove pit
and thinly slice flesh. Set aside. In a food processor or blender, blend
peach skin with pecans, dried and fresh pineapple, spices and dates. In pie
shell, layer 1/2 of peach slices in a fanned spiral (I throw in). Evenly
spread 1/2 of pineapple mixture over peach slices. Repeat with remaining
peach slices and pineapple mixture. (I came out with three layers ending
with peaches.) Garnish with fresh berries of your choice. Serve immediately
or refrigerate and serve chilled. It sounds time consuming, but it really
The Paleo Diet Cookbook: More Than 150 Recipes for Paleo Breakfasts, Lunches, Dinners, Snacks, and Beverages
Paleo Diet Desserts